Monday, July 17, 2006

Bird brain boy

So I got this bird feeder for our yard awhile back (you know, the cheap $3 cylindrical kind) during a difficult trip to Home Depot with Quinn. Difficult in that I was actually trying to buy some stuff I needed to refinish some Adirondack chairs and Quinn only wanted to look at the mowers (or tractors as he likes to call them). Sometimes if you give him a task, and make it seem like he is really helping you out, you might get an additional 3 minutes of real shopping in. Thus the bird feeder. He felt very important carrying that around.

He has watched me fill it with birdseed several times now, and really enjoys watching the birds eating the seeds just off of our side porch. So we are going to run some errands in the car last week and he is waiting for me in the garage as I quickly put the dogs in the laundry room. I walk out into the garage to find him digging through the bag of birdseed (which you could tell he knew he wasn't supposed to be doing as he covered his eyes; his latest thing where he thinks I can't then see him) and he has got some birdseed on his lip. I brush that off and get him in his car seat. As I am buckling him up he likes to tell me important things. On this particular day he says, "Mommy... We no eat birdseed. It's very crunchy (as he fishes out a sunflower seed)". What a funny boy he is. Some of the things that come out of his mouth lately just really crack me up. The development of language is just a phenomenal process.

Here he is celebrating the 4th of July with his cousin Nicholas from Australia. We had a big parade in our neighborhood with all the kids decorating their bikes, stroller, wagons, etc. Both Quinn and Nicholas loved it and felt very important to be marching and waving to the onlookers.






Just because I think they are pretty, here are the flower boxes and urns I planted. I am very proud of myself as I have never done any type of gardening before.


1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Emilie said...

Your story makes me look forward to having a little boy, Kerry! And I LOVE your flowers! Nice job — hopefully you had fun picking them out and planting them ... it's kind of a fun hobby, I think. (Your house is pretty, too.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home