Monday, July 17, 2006

White on Rice

(Also entitled: Kerry goes to see Damien Rice in concert)

We went out to see Damien Rice (and Fiona Apple, though I really only cared about Damien Rice) last Friday, sans Quinn (which was nice for a change). He is just phenomenal; a beautiful melancholy about his music, very Irish in that poetic nature. It touches this Irish girl's soul. I really don't think you can listen to his music and not feel something; unless you have no sould or something. Plus he gets lots of bonus points for incorporating a shit-load of cello music in his songs. It just works so well with his guitar. Anyhoo... I highly recommend him, and if the fates are so alligned that Damien himself is reading this, I will come and play cello for you anytime. My cello is aching to get out of its case more often.

I am so proud of my big-headed fellow Irish people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home