Thursday, December 25, 2008

Emilie's passing

My dear friend Emilie passed away late on Tuesday night, with her husband at her side holding her hand. She will be sorely missed by so many, but most especially by her husband Stephen and boys, Daniel and Benjamin. Even in her passing she was always thinking of and caring for others as evidenced by the quote she wanted Stephen to share after she had passed.

"And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?

I did.

And what did you want?

To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth."

— Raymond Carver


One of my favorite pictures of Emilie on her wedding day, which was also the first day we met in person after more than a year corresponding online. I remember watching her walking down the aisle and she caught sight of me and said, "Kerry!", in this fantastically happy voice. It was such a wonderful day.
It makes me happy to know that Emilie was loved by so many.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Blogger Megan Buchanan said...

I was reading the Star Trib. this morning and was shocked when I realized this wonderful women was your Emilie. I am so sorry of her passing, and am thinking of you, her husband, and the babes she leaves behind. Take care, my friend.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

I remember her wedding day so well. How astoundingly happy she was, how she glowed as she walked down the aisle towards Steve. Thanks for bringing back some lovely memories of a wonderful day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home