Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New plan

After a lengthy discussion with my regular OB this past Monday, we have decided against me going to the perinatal practice at United in St. Paul; mostly due to the fact that they have over 20 physicians on staff and you rarely get to see the same one.

Instead, I will now be going to The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center at University of Minnesota Medical Center. This is where her other set of triplets went and things were really wonderful for them. They have 5 physicians on staff and I will likely see the same one most of the time. I like to be able to develop a relationship with my care provider, especially in this circumstance, so I think this will be a better fit. My first appt. is this next Tuesday and I am nervous, as always. I just want to be reassured that all 3 babies are there and doing well. Please think good thoughts for us.

6 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger EDH said...

Lots of good thoughts to you!! My cousin Kristina did her OB rotation for med school at that center and loved it - it sounds like a great place. I hope it will be a good fit for you - sounds very optimistic. Yay!

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

That sounds like a good fit for you and the little ones. Good luck on Tuesday. I hope everything is normal and healthy and fabulous! Good luck!

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

I haven't been online much and do I ever have some catching up to do, I see!! CONGRATULATIONS!! (times two)
Sorry to be so late to add my good wishes to the list. :)

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

Oh, my God. So I just clicked back on to your original post, only to discover I should have said times THREE!!! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, as my grandmother used to say.

Wow. I am rarely (as you know) speechless, but right now...wow.

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Emilie said...

That sounds like a good place, too, Kerry. There's a lot to be said for a smaller group of OBs where you can form relationships with the individuals there. I'm glad you thought this decision through early on - and it sounds like a great choice!

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Soupy said...

prayers and good thoughts sent to you. I hope this is a healthy and safe PG for all of you (you and babies). It sounds like the new place is more intimate/personal, which is what I would also want. yay for you -- good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home