Friday, July 20, 2007

Time flies

Our beautiful half-breed triplets are 6 months old today!!!

They have come such a long way from the tiny 2 pounders that entered this world nearly 3 months early.

I just constantly think to myself about how blessed, or just really lucky we are that we have no major health issues to deal with and that we have 3 living babies. This has been on my mind a lot since hearing that the fifth of the Morrison sextuplets passed away this past Sunday. My heart just breaks for them and they decisions they had to face throughout the PG. I recall at my first appt. with the high risk OB practice that there was concern with triplet B due to an increased nuchal fold measurement. One of the first things talked about was the possibility of selectively reducing triplet B. It was horrible to hear that after being overjoyed to see 3 babies and their strong HBs moments earlier. We were faced with the difficult decision to do CVS testing which carried a risk of miscarriage. Thank God there were no chromosomal abnormalities this time around and that we didn't have to make the decision to essentially kill triplet B. In my gut I knew I would never be able to go through with that decision, even if it had meant that I knew the baby would die shortly after birth. Now as I look at triplet B (Mairin) sleeping soundly in my arms, I am overjoyed with her addition to our lives and that of her brothers as well (including Quinn- my extra special potty trained boy!).

Ewan then:

Ewan now:

Noel then:

Noel now:

Mairin then:


Mairin now:


Special toilet-going big brother Quinn:


Not bad, huh?

12 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

Wow, they are so beautiful. You have an amazing family Kerry, as I'm sure you know. :)

It is great to see how much they have grown!

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger kristine said...

Kerry, your babes are just beautiful! You truly are blessed to have 4 little ones so healthy and adorable!!!

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Sara @ Happy Apple said...

Wow, you sure have some good looking kids! I can't believe they are 6 months old already. And I see the adorable "mohawk" hair runs in your family :-)

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Marketing Mama said...

Yay! New pictures of your children -they are all so gorgeous. How cool that Quinn is potty trained, that is a big accomplishment!

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

6 months. where does the time go. What a beautiful bunch of children.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, do you have the most beautiful kids, or what? Phenomenal. I can't believe how much more Quinn looks like you now. (No offense, Eddy.) Hope you have great plans for Quinn's birthday. I promise to catch up by e-mail soon!

Beth

 
At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kerry, I can't believe they are 6 months already!!! (I bet you think this to yourself all the time).

Where is Marin's hair??? The boys have so much!

That's awesome about your potty-training boy! Keep up the good work Quinn!

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Kristie said...

What a beautiful family!

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Vicki (aka Kodi's mommy) said...

Kerry - Amazing! Just Amazing, you have beautiful children.

And, since I'm just catching up with people (forgive me)...I also just need to say WOW...YOU HAD TRIPLETS!!!! OMG!

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Eric, Cindy and Aidan said...

They're beautiful and Quinn is gorgeous, too!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

Sorry to be so late in responding! For some reason I thought I had already. Apparently I am losing whatever was left of my mind. :)

They are SO adorable and I loved that you included the "before" pictures; what an amazing difference! I may have to engage in a bit of babynapping (new word, because I mean they're not really kids yet, so I can't really kidnap them, except for Quinn, and now that I think of it he is so charming I may have to take him too).

I was really, really touched to see your last post. I'm amazed that with all you must have on your mind you still think of me. Thank you for your prayers and support, dear. You are such a sweetheart.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

P.S. When my mom was in the nursing home, I showed her the triplets' birth announcement, and she giggled like a girl over each of them. It really lifted her spirits to see your darlin's!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home