Sunday, September 23, 2007

Everything old

Is New Again.


I have to tell you that old school seems to work best when it comes to teethers. We *think* they are all teething as evidenced by the massive drooling and desire to shove everything including both fists at one time into their mouths. I have been on a quest to find a teether that actually helps that they don't drop within a second of gripping it.




The clear winner is the totally retro Soft Teething Beads by The First Years. I remember them from way back in the day. All 3 seem to prefer this teether and can actually chomp on it for quite some time before it falls away. Easy to grip, easy to jam into mouth, and even better...cheap! I think I paid about $2. Too bad you can't find them too many places as everyone seems to be pushing all the crap that is just too much sensory overload, IMO. It says they have them at Target but I didn't see them there. This was an impulse buy during a quick run to Cub that had gone horribly south for Noel. It was a Christmas miracle, aside from the fact that it wasn't Christmas. Anyhoo.




A close second is the RaZbaby RaZ-Berry Teether which I purchased from Creative Kidstuff. Good especially if they like a pacifier (which ours do).













On a somewhat unrelated note though in the retro category, I scored a few amazing finds at a garage sale my mom, Quinn, babies, and myself just chanced upon up at the lake over Labor Day.

Remember the Fischer Price School Days Desk?




















And the Little People Schoolhouse?
























And the Chatter Phone?




















Well I got them all (ha, ha, ha-evil laugh), complete, and want to keep them all to myself. Quinn has really been enjoying the desk and letters/numbers. I still won't let him play with the cardboard word cards as he is too rough with them right now. Is that bad that I don't know how to share?

Wanna come over and play?

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM , Blogger Soupy said...

OH! I love those !LOVE THEM!
LOL at the teething beads - we have them as well! and I agree that there are too many sensory overload toys out there!
Score on the toys!
we enjoy playing w/Sesame Street playhouse at my parents - old school late 70's itself - what fun!

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We have those beads too - Babies R Us!!!

My mom has tons of our old Fisher Price stuff! Eva loves it!

Roxy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home