Monday, September 24, 2007

Praise Jesus that I shaved recently

My legs that is (you pervs). They just seem to fall to the wayside these days. I am fresh off a weekend shave and now sporting this look





















"Why", you ask?

Because I had gone to shut the garage door, as this evening's downpour was in full effect, I was holding Mairin and tripped on a train Quinn left on the floor on my way back to the couch to continue feeding her. My motherly instincts and ninja-esque presence allowed me to bite it in such a was as to protect my precious cargo. Mairin was absolutely fine and probably thought we had just sat back down on the couch to continue Feed Fest 2007. Me however, not so much. I ended up breaking my foot. I had a bad feeling that that might be the case. I was still crying when Eddy got home about 15 minutes later. Quinn kept telling me, "Don't cry, daddy will fix it when he gets home". Well, I just had daddy take me to the after hours clinic, dump me at the front desk, and return to the Sienna to drive around with our brood. They confirmed the break and now I am in this sexy accessory for at least a week.

As if I didn't have enough going on trying to care for the clan with two good legs. It's never a dull moment around here!

It also doesn't help that I am probably the least graceful person on the planet. Call me Kerry the Klutz.

12 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

Sorry to hear about your foot. That sucks! I hope you can milk the injury as much as you can. Let me know if you need an extra hand on Friday, I could come up and help out. I don't have functional boobs for them, but I am a good baby holder!

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

Don't know why that posted twice. :)

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger kristine said...

Oh Kerry - that has got to be so hard! I am sorry. You will be a wonderful super mom and do it without a hitch!
Liz - I love your comment "i don't have functional boobs for them" I can see you saying that!

 
At 7:19 AM , Blogger Vicki (aka Kodi's mommy) said...

Oh Kerry! Ouch!!!! However I am completely in awe that you were able to to not crush your cargo.

And Liz..."functional boobs" HA! That made me choke on my yogurt!

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger EDH said...

Oh Kerry - I'm so sorry! I have broken both of my feet (at different times, but the same summer) and it was awful. The second time in particular was excruciating (and, I am hoping, much more painful than childbirth...?!). I feel for you! Hang in there and be sure they give you some really good drugs.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Emilie said...

Oh my Lord, Kerry. As if you don't have enough to do on two good feet every day. I'm so sorry to hear about this! You tell the story in such a humorous way ("ninja-esque presence" ... "daddy will fix it when he gets home" ...), but I know it must be horribly painful and frustrating. Steve and I are home these days, as you know, and we could always come out and help you for an afternoon if you need us to. (Seriously ... I'm much stronger this week.) Hang in there.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger Marketing Mama said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe you broke your foot! I can, however, relate to tripping on trains. I hope you aren't in too much pain... and I'm so happy to hear you didn't drop your daughter! Oy!

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm evil & LMAO. Quinn is way too cute! I actually have a CAR and am available next week and the week after - Eva would love to play with Quinn. I'll give you a call!

 
At 5:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kerry that sucks!!! I hope you heal fast!!!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

Kerry, i don't know whether to laugh or cry for you and your foot, so I guess I'll just have to do both! I too am home always, as you know, so I'll give you a call next week (it's Oct 10 today) and see if I can come up and help you out (of course I really just want an excuse to cuddle the babies). George and I will pray that your foot heals fast!

And don't feel bad about tripping over the train. When I was a sophomore in college I broke my arm when I slipped while attempting to climb up onto my loft bed. I was famous across campus in hours, and never managed to live it down...

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

P.S. Liz, Chris probably thinks your boobs are highly functional--it's all a matter of perspective!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home