Monday, November 05, 2007

We did it!

We took our first family vacation...

and survived.

We had been thinking of going somewhere fun and romantic to celebrate our 4th anniversary, and frankly, what could be hotter than vacationing with a cranky three year old (just getting over a nasty cold) and super-cranky 9 month old triplets (in the throes of the aforementioned cold and teething)?

Initially we were thinking of going to Chicago because we miss living and more importantly, eating, there. I was a little leery of going any further in the car than the babies could theoretically go without having to feed again, as stopping to feed all three could literally take 1.5 hours. We decided to go up to Duluth and the North Shore area as Eddy and I have never been there before. I had skimmed through my friend Emilie's blog for places to stay as I knew she has been up there many times before with her husband Steve, baby Daniel, and now lemon drop the sequel. Whilst doing that I also was checking out exploreMN and just as I was about to log off I came across our perfect destination.

We ended up staying at Northern Rail Traincar B&B, largely in part because we knew Quinn would most likely be happy there (can anyone say train OCD?). It essentially is 2 rows of train cars that have been refurbished into comfortable rooms. We stayed in one of the Queen conductor suites which worked out really well for our needs. It had a separate sitting/living room in addition to the bedroom and bath. We literally had an entire traincar to ourselves, which, I am sure our follow travelers appreciated in the wee hours of the night when they weren't kept up by the noises emanating from our room. It was almost exactly like the sexy traincar scene in Risky Business, aside from the sex and prostitution. That was replaced by crying babies and poopy didies. Hot, right?




We had a good time though and the weather was in the 50's. Will try to post some photos and more info later.

We were able to partake of a couple of slices from Betty's Pies in Two Harbors, which was strategically located about a mile away from our lodging. I enjoyed both the French Silk as well as the Key Lime. The Key Lime was probably my favorite and one of the best I have ever had.

Tart but not too tart... much like myself:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home