Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Final stretch (literally and figuratively)




I made it to the magical 28 week mark! This means the babies are all viable and should do well if born tomorrow. I have been focusing on this mark since finding out we were having triplets. There is such a sense of relief for me right now; I know there are no guarantees for how things will turn out but at least I feel a little less worried. I had my weekly checkup today and as usual all babies are doing amazingly well- good fluid levels, strong HBs, kicking the mommy. My mom sat in on the u/s today and got to see some interesting movements. The sonographer always does 3D scans after measuring everything else, and today we saw triplets B&C yawning and they were all playing with their cords. We got some good 3D face shots as well as one of C yawning so hopefully I will get those scanned in sometime soon.

In the meantime, enjoy some 28 week belly shots. I feel like I might literally explode but somehow I don't have any stretch marks (yet); just freakish vampire-like veins.

6 Comments:

At 10:19 AM , Blogger Monkeymama said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Still remembering you with prayers and I can't wait to see photos! (Either of them in the womb or out!)

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger kristine said...

kerry - you look great!! i am so happy to hear you made it to 28weeks!! let's hope for some more uterus time!!! yay!

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger LutherLiz said...

Kerry! You look great! I'm so thrilled for you right now. It is huge to make 28 weeks. I would check the blog every day just to see the countdown. I hope that they give you a few more weeks but it must be a great relief to know that they've come this far. Please let me know if there is anything I can do either now or once they are born! Keeping up the prayers.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger EDH said...

Yippee! Fabulous news. Those babies are troopers! I'd love to see those ultrasound pics - they sound adorable! We're all so excited for you down here (Seth, my mom, dad, and me)! :) Hi and love to all. Tell those babies their Auntie Lizzie can't wait to meet them, but to try to cook a little longer!

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Barbara Marincel said...

You look bee-yoo-tee-ful!!! But how on earth can you manage to stand upright these days?

Congratulations on passing the 28 week mark! You and yours are in my prayers, every day. Take good care of yourself! {{{HUGS}}}

 
At 6:26 AM , Blogger epigirl said...

What fabulous news - an amazing milestone to have reached.
We've been wondering how things were going! Glad to hear that all is well - you look great.

Our love to all
the Country Mouse et al

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home